Thursday, January 29, 2015

Phoenix Rising



At the end of last year, I changed my Facebook profile picture to a Phoenix. Some friends “liked” it and got it. Some questioned.  Some just didn’t get it. I chose it as a symbolic "goal" I suppose? Hoping to raise my person from the ashes I was in and have created, and be better in every sense of the word. However, after moving across country, ending a 15 year career and separating from my life-partner and husband, I feel like a Box troll; nice at heart, buried in boxes and eating garbage of self-pity. It feels like the bottom was there, so many times.  Or at least my toes were touching it.  Or, was it really that bad? Can I rise from this or is there still down to go? 

I suppose it's all perspective. And that's what I am seeking actually; a new perspective.  I may not become the Phoenix, but I'm hoping to become a better Bird. 

1 comment: